Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dream

I had a dream last night that I told my bipolar story in short form at what seemed like an AA meeting. When I woke up I had the urge to start writing my story down. Wait, actually I picked up a book that I started rereading lately called The Spirituality of Imperfection, which talks about the importance of telling stories and hearing stories, and that was what made me pick up the laptop. I would really like to put down on 'paper' my memories and thoughts from the last 9 years. (God, has it really been that long since my first episode?)

I thought about writing it out on here, but I don't want to worry about revealing details that I'd rather keep private, mostly things that would help someone place my identity. I have serious reservations about revealing my true identity on here. I don't want anything to bite me in the ass later on, you know, like when I run for president. No, but really, like in my career later on, or even now. I work with kids right now and it would not be to my benefit for anyone who knows me professionally to know about this stuff.

On a different note, my sleep schedule has shifted to going to bed at like 1 or 2 a.m. and getting up after 10, sometimes as late as noon (like today). I need to get that shit straightened out. I'm not sure what will work, but I have lots of 'knowledge' about good sleep hygiene but whether I will actually do it is another question. Goal for tonight: in bed reading at midnight, lights off at 12:30 a.m. We'll see if I can make it happen.

1 comment:

  1. I am your long lost twin brother! My name is also Douglas and I have bipolar disorder. I also have great problems with sleep hygiene, despite that I know how important it is.

    ReplyDelete