Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Post

This is the grand opening of my new blog. I was looking around on the Internet (why is it capitalized, by the way?) for blogs about Bipolar disorder and decided to take a shot at it myself. This blog is going to be anonymous because I would like to discuss very private feelings, events, and other things about my life that don't want traced back to me personally.

The title of this blog came from a tee-shirt that I saw online when looking for possible blog titles. It struck me as quite funny with that grain of truth that most good jokes have.

I'm am going to treat this as a personal journal that will be viewed by a public audience. I may discuss mundane things only interesting to myself. I may be coarse; I may swear; I may say things you don't care for. My object for this, I guess, is to give myself a place to write specifically about my mental illness besides my personal journals. As well as a place where others who share some of my experiences or can relate in other ways may respond and share their experience with me. If I never have a reader or get a comment that is fine with me, but I guess some part of me wants that kind of attention and community. The writing on here my be self indulgent, full of self-pity or other forms of self-centeredness. I'm not going to agonize about good writing and editing, but I will try to make it at least readable.

As I compose a collection of bipolar and mental health blogs and websites, I will try to keep a list going on here.

That's all for now. Next time I may give a little background.

Oh yeah. Status check for today:
mood: normal to low normal
sleep last night: bed late, woke late, 10 hours aprox.
eating: healthy enough
exercise: did yesterday, might today or go dancing
meds: fine

No comments:

Post a Comment