Thursday, January 28, 2010

Paying The Bills

So I started a work assignment with the temp agency today. The funny thing is that earlier this week I wrote that I had given up on finding anything soon with either of the two temp agencies. Then today I got a call while I was at the new job from the other temp agency saying they had something for me. Crazy! So then I went through a whole mess of whether I should stay at the one or go to the other. After much weighing of pros, cons, and indecisive anxiety I called my grandparents and told them about my dilemma. They gave me some validation on how I felt about the situation, which was basically that I could stay at the current assignment and make more money, or go to the new assignment and probably be happier and healthier (mentally). So I decided to go to the new one.

It is downtown, rather than way the hell out in BFE where the bus is a bitch to take and ultimately requires driving my non-existent car, borrowing my housemate's car (not a long term option), or carpooling (probably do-able eventually). The hours are shorter, but the pay rate is a little better. Bottom line is I'll make about $100 less a week at the downtown job. But I will have more free time, the commute is super easy, and I think the work will be way better. I think I really don't like working in a call center. Although at the end of today I took 3 calls in about 15 minutes and it was super easy.

So now I'm off to bed so I can be up at 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment