Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Been A While

Just checking back in. I have forgotten about this blog. That tends to happen. I think about my illness and get obsessed with it and then it fades into the everyday background.

It is coming up on three years since the last episode. I am about to test the three year cycle. I had my first episode in 2003, the second in 2006, and the third in 2009. 2012 approaches on the horizon.

My life today feels much different than it did when I started this blog and extremely different than in 2009. I'm still working at ODS. I've found good summer work with a parks department. The winters are still tough. Last winter I barely made it. I don't think about J. very often, but occasionally she pops up in my mind. I probably think more about her boyfriend than her because he still works at the store down the street from me. I saw him there the other day for the first time in a long while. I am not haunted in the way I was when I started this blog. I've had other ups and downs since then, but no big problems with my mood.

I've taken a much more active role in managing my meds, especially when I'm working at ODS. Currently I'm taking 600mg of Seroquel once a day and 300mg of Lamictal a day. I take all of the Sero at night and the side effects don't bother me like they did when I was taking it during the day.

For some reason I thought of this blog and decided it would be good to check in. Maybe I'll be more regular about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment