Monday, December 26, 2011

New look

I changed the look of my blog yesterday. I found it difficult to look at the colors for very long and if I don't want to look at it then I doubt others would either. Visual pleasantness and ease of reading is important to a blog or any website.

I'm feeling much more balanced compared to a week ago. It was just a week ago that I saw the fill in dr. I will probably meet with him again in January if $ permits (my deductible starts over). I liked how active he was in our conversation. It kind of sucks to start over with a dr. but if he works better for me than my current dr. it may be worth it. My current dr. just doesn't say much in our appointments. I feel like I'm kind of talking to myself unless I ask him a question. I do want to look into a therapist too. I need to look into the list of names I got from Tom.

I've been reading a few blogs by folks with mental illness. One called A Path With Heart has caught my attention. I relate to some of what she talks about. There are a few others I've browsed. Blogging can be a good way for me to stay present with my mental health. At my Saturday meeting this week, several people mentioned mental health issues. It made me think about DDA. I still have never gotten involved with them. I've never gotten into any other mental health support groups either. Maybe I should.

I just took a look at some of the bipolar resources including on Meetup.com and there is definitely stuff going on that I could be involved with. I've pulled a rune recently that makes me wonder if I need to work on my mental health more actively. It's a rune that addresses my darkness and my shadow. I sort of see my illness as a shadow of my self. It's not me. It's a caricature of me. It's me masked and in costume. It's me covered up by madness. It's like me when I'm drunk or high. It's not me as my best, highest Self. Maybe I'll reach out to others with madness. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment